Loading... Please wait...

Advantage of LED Lighting

Advantages of LED Lighting
 
If you are thinking about making the switch to LED lighting in your home, you should be sure that you know the facts about the lighting.  Make sure that you take time to do your research so you can be happy with your decision. Here are some basic facts about LED lighting and the difference between LED lighting and normal incandescent bulbs…
 
                                                       
1    1. LED lamps currently provide at least 100,000 hours of light, which means that the LED lamps can run       continuously for about 11 years or they can run for 22 years at 50%. A regular incandescent bulb will run for about 5,000 hours. If you have a light bulb that is in a hard to reach area, you can minimize the times that you have to chance the light bulb by using an LED bulb.
2    2.  An LED circuit will approach 80% efficiency; this means that 80% of the electrical energy is going to be converted into light energy. The remaining 20% is lost as heat energy. An incandescent bulb operates at about 20% efficiency. This means that 80% of the energy will be lost as heat.
3    3. LED light bulbs are more expensive up front. An incandescent bulb is going to be a lot cheaper when you are purchasing the lighting at the store.
 
Take time to consider all of your lighting choice. Make sure that you understand what is available to you and what is going to be the best option for you. LED lighting can be a great option if you are ready to make the switch!